There are a lot versions of a classic macaroni salad, but this one is the taste that I grew up with, and of course, the most delicious for us. We still make the same exact recipe for any occasion we like it served. Simply a very refreshing all-time favorite.
- 4 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3 cups mayonnaise, simply add if you need more
- 4 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 4 teaspoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1 cup diced apple, with skin
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- Cook elbow macaroni according to package directions. Rinse with cold water and drain. Allow to cool. In a mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pickle relish, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper. Set aside. In a large mixing bow, combine the cooked macaroni, celery, onion, pineapple and apple. Add the dressing and toss gently to coat. Refrigerate overnight. Garnish with egg before serving.
Hope you'll enjoy the recipe as much as we do :)